Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Additional Terms and Conditions: the additional general terms and conditions applicable to the Workshops, In Depth Yoga Course organized by 8PetalsYoga.
- Application form: The application form of 8PetalsYoga that has to be filled out and signed by the aspiring participant prior to the Workshop, Retreat or In Depth Yoga Course of 8PetalsYoga.
- General Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions used by 8PetalsYoga, which have been published at the 8PetalsYoga website, www.8petalsyoga.nl.
- 8PetalsYoga: 8PetalsYoga has its official seat at Frederik Hendrikplantsoen 96H, 1052XZ, Amsterdam and is listed in the Trade Register under number 66725704.
- Self Practice Cycle: A six week period of Group Yoga classes. Also referred to as SPC.
- Deposit/application fee: the deposit/application fee, as mentioned on the Application form that has to be filled out by the aspiring Participant prior to the Retreat or In Depth Yoga Course of 8PetalsYoga, which has to be paid by the Participant upon application.
- Membership: the membership for attending yoga classes at 8PetalsYoga, issued or to be issued by 8PetalsYoga and paid or to be paid by the Student.
- Single Class: a single yoga class at 8PetalsYoga to be attended and paid by the Student, other than on the basis of any Membership.
- Participant: the person who attends or wishes to attend a Retreat, In Depth Yoga Course or Workshop.
- Price: the total price of a Workshop, In Depth Yoga Course or Retreat, including the Deposit/application fee.
- Private Class: a private yoga class at 8PetalsYoga, for which the Student must make an appointment in advance.
- Retreat: a yoga retreat organized by 8PetalsYoga
- In Depth Yoga Course: a three year (192hrs) in depth yoga studies program. Also referred to as IDYC.
- Student: a person who attends and/or wishes to attend private or group yoga classes, courses, retreats or workshops at 8PetalsYoga.
- Website: the website of 8PetalsYoga: www.8petalsyoga.nl
- Workshop: A yoga- or yoga-related workshop given or to be given by 8PetalsYoga.
2. Scope of Application
- The General Terms and Conditions apply to any membership and, where applicable, to all Courses of and at 8PetalsYoga as well as to all Retreats, In Depth Yoga Courses and Workshops.
- By participating in a Retreat, Workshop, In Depth Yoga Course or yoga class of 8PetalsYoga, the Student agrees to the applicability of these General Terms and Conditions.
- 8PetalsYoga may from time to time amend these General Terms and Conditions. The most recent version of the Terms and Conditions is always the version that is applicable and is always available at the Website. 8PetalsYoga will announce any amendments to the General Terms and Conditions in advance by email.
3. Self Practice Cycle Course, Self Practice Cycle ½ Year Membership, Private Yoga Classes, Private Vegetarian Cooking Classes, In Depth Yoga Course Weekend Seminar, In Depth Yoga Course 1 Year Membership
8PetalsYoga offers the following possibilities of attending yoga classes at 8PetalsYoga:
3.1Self Practice Cycle Course
- The Self Practice Cycle is a Group Class that entitles the student to 1/2/3 classes per week during 6 weeks.
3.2 Self Practice Cycle ½ Year Membership
- This membership entitles the student to 1/2 year of Self Practice Cycles, or three consecutive SPC’s.
3.3 Private Yoga Classes
- These classes entitles the student to the agreed upon amount of Private Yoga Classes.
3.4 Private Vegetarian Cooking Classes
- These classes entitles the student to the agreed upon amount of Private Vegetarian Cooking Classes.
3.5 In Depth Yoga Course Weekend Seminar
- This course entitles the student to one Weekend Seminar of the IDYC.
3.6 In Depth Yoga Course 1 Year Membership
- This course entitles the student to 1 calender year of the IDYC.
4.1 Payment, Price Changes & Shipping
- All yoga classes organized by 8PetalsYoga must be paid for before they are held. 8PetalsYoga does not accept cash payments. Payments can be made by direct debit (memberships only), PIN, Credit Card (Visa, Master Card) and Ideal.
- 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to change the pricing of all products. Any changes are announced in advance by putting, by placing statements on the Website, and/or by email. The currently applicable rates are always mentioned on the Website.
- Shipping costs, times and fees do not apply to 8PetalsYoga.
4.2 Reservations and cancellations for yoga classes
- All classes are available for online booking minimum 14 days in advance.
- When a class is fully booked, the Student can sign up for the Waiting List. If a spot opens up, the first Student to book the class through the schedule will be notified by email.
- Non attended classes are not refunded.
- Rescheduling an appointment for a private class, can be done without charge up to 24 hours before the start of the appointment. The Student will be charged in full if the private appointment is canceled within 24 hours before the start of the appointment.
- The current schedule is mentioned on the Website. 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance by putting mentioning them on the Website or by email.
- 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to cancel a yoga class that has been scheduled or to change the yoga teacher mentioned in the schedule in the event of force majeure, including illness of the teacher. In the case of replacement of a teacher, there will be no refund of any course fee.
- 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to close its doors on public holidays or on other days, or when imposed by the government, in case of force majeure, national safety or a pandemic.
6. Early Termination of Membership in case of illness
- In the event of prolonged illness or an injury, the Student may terminate the Membership early. A request for early termination must be submitted to 8PetalsYoga in writing and 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to evaluate and handle each case individually. This termination may be sent by email to email@example.com
- Attending yoga classes, Workshops, Retreats and leaving belongings in the changing rooms are at the Student’s own risk. 8PetalsYoga accepts no liability for loss or damage of personal belongings of a Student attending yoga classes, workshops, trainings or retreats and leaving belongings in the changing rooms at 8PetalsYoga. If during a retreat or workshop the student causes loss or damage to property of the venue where the student is staying, the student will be held liable. This loss or damage is in no way covered by 8PetalsYoga. The student is considered to have the right insurance to cover this loss or damage.
- 8PetalsYoga is not in any way liable for personal injuries sustained during yoga classes, workshops, trainings or retreats. Participating is always at the own risk of the Student.
- 8PetalsYoga provides the following guidelines for reducing the risk of an injury:
- Always consult a doctor before starting yoga classes if you are not sure that you are completely healthy or if you are pregnant.
- If you have an injury or any other physical inconvenience, always inform your yoga teacher about this before starting the yoga class.
- Listen to and follow the instructions of the relevant yoga teacher.
- Perform the yoga exercises carefully and bear your physical limitations in mind.
- Do not perform any yoga exercises that are painful.
- Ask questions if you do not understand an exercise.
- Avoid inverted poses during menstruation.
- Although we strive to only provide correct information on our website, we are not liable for any inaccuracy and no rights can be derived there from.
8. Personal Data
- 8PetalsYoga collects personal data of the Students and Participants to update its membership records, to execute payment orders and for administration and information purposes. 8PetalsYoga handles this collection of personal data with due care and complies with the provisions of the Dutch Data Protection Act.
- 8PetalsYoga uses the personal data referred to in Clause 10.1 to inform the Students and Participants about activities of 8PetalsYoga and any changes in the schedule, for example. If the Student or Participant does not want to receive communications from 8PetalsYoga, he or she may unsubscribe from the mailing in the bottom of a received newsletter or communicate this to 8PetalsYoga by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Student or Participant is aware (s)he cannot use all online services and products of 8PetalsYoga in that case.
- 8PetalsYoga never gives any personal data of the Students or Participants to third parties without their prior written consent.
9. Governing Law and Dispute Settlement
- The General Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes relating to the General Terms and Conditions, any Membership, or a Student’s attending group and private yoga classes, Workshops or Retreats organized by 8PetalsYoga are settled exclusively by the competent court in Amsterdam or any higher court.
10. Code of Conduct
- Students shall adhere to 8PetalsYoga’s code of conduct at all times:
- Please make sure you are clean and fresh when you attend the yoga class.
- 8PetalsYoga advises not to eat later than two hours before the start of the yoga class and, in any case, not to do yoga on a full stomach.
- Please do not wear shoes in the yoga shala.
- We ask you to bring your own yoga mat and props when possible. When there are props available these may be used.
- The physical and mental integrity of Students must always be respected. Racism, sexual behaviour or sexually suggestive behaviour is not tolerated by 8PetalsYoga.
- 8PetalsYoga reserves the right to deny Students who do not observe the house rules to deny access to the 8PetalsYoga premises and to terminate the Membership of the relevant Student without a refund of any membership fee paid already.
11. Copyright Clause In Depth Yoga Course
- The provided material has been accumulated with the utmost care. All materials, including images, text, presentations, etc. that are provided during the IDYC are protected by Copyright and may not be used or copied without permission of 8PetalsYoga.
- Students of the IDYC become the owner of the study material. They can use it to study and the Student is not allowed to sell the study material under a different name or brand.