Re Yoga – Special Classes with Xico Rodrigues
Tuesday November 28th 7:00-9:00
Thursday November 30th 7:00-9:00
Francisco Rodrigues (Xico)
Started to practice in 1998 when he was 12y with his Mother. In 2004 he started his studies in Ashtanga yoga with Tim Miller in California
with whom he did his first teacher training in 200h.
In 2007 he traveled to India and lived there for many years studying in Mysore with Pathabi Jois, the founder of Ashtanga Yoga. In 2010 Xico receives Authorization to Teach Level 2, certified by SKPJ ashtanga yoga research In 2013 he was invited to teach at SKPJ Ashtanga yoga research institute, alongside Master Sharath Jois.
Xico was born and lives in an environment of sport and adventure. Raised on a farm in Sintra, his connection with nature, agriculture, and animals goes back to his childhood. Besides yoga, Xico is also passionate about agriculture, jiujitsu, dance, swimming, art, and climbing and he is always finding different forms of movement and meditation. His biggest passion is to learn and to understand the cognitive process behind learning as also the development of the mind and its capacities. He is also very curious about tradition and always aims to learn and search more about all the cultures and traditions around the world. Xico’s classes reflect all the wisdom and knowledge gained over the decades as one of the most relevant senior teachers in Portugal.
Good to Know:
- Should you have any injuries or sensitivities in your body, please inform the teacher at the beginning of your practice.
- During your menstrual cycle (ladies holiday), it is highly recommended to rest from physical yoga practice on the heaviest days (1st to third day) You are free to take rest on this day, or come to class and do a more restorative/meditative practice.
- Please note, yoga is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment or therapy. If you have any (recent) trauma, injuries, chronic pain or disease please contact me directly to discuss if yoga can be an additional tool towards your healing.
- Please respect that a commitment is made from both parties with regards to time and energy. Payments will not be refunded if particpation is subsequently cancelled, nor will not-attended classes be refunded or transferred to a next cycle.
- By booking this course you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and are in agreement with the above statements.